Minimalist design, intriguing qualities inside. The new, second-generation Leica TL2 sets standards and takes this camera class into an entirely new dimension. Speed, picture quality, and ease of handling characterise its intrinsic values and make a statement, the likes of which has never been seen before.
24 MP for more precision. The new 24 MP APS-C sensor and the equally new Maestro II series processor of the Leica TL2, work together to expand your photographic horizons. There’s one thing you can always depend on even in challenging lighting conditions: sharp and brilliant pictures.
Fast frame rates. Both the continuous shooting function, with up to 20 frames per second, and video recording in full HD or with 4K resolution show the TL2’s undeniable capability in moving pictures.
Watch out, it’s really sharp! The Leica TL2 captures your pictures with perfect sharpness and automatically focuses with impressive speed, an indication of its top-ranking performance in this field.
As if just made for you. The high-resolution, 3.7" LCD touchscreen display of the Leica TL2 provides access to the revised and restructured menu. The “MyCamera” function lets you set up your own, personalised menu which can be precisely configured for your own particular style of photography.
Perfection, from 17 to 200 mm. Exceptional imaging performance that’s visible in every picture; Leica has more than 150 years of experience in the development of precision optical instruments. The Leica TL2 benefits from this knowledge, and the brand’s expertise and uncompromising dedication to perfection.
Stay in Touch
With a connected world. The integrated Wi-Fi module of your Leica TL2 enables wireless transfer of pictures to smartphones, tablets or computers. Additionally, the remote function of the Leica TL App lets you control your Leica TL2 from your mobile device.
- Camera name: Leica TL2
- Camera type: Digital APS-C system camera
- Lens mount: Leica L bayonet with contact strip for communication between lens and camera
- Compatible lenses: Lenses with Leica L-Mount, Leica M/R lenses using the Leica M-Adapter L/R-Adapter L
- Sensor: APS-C sized CMOS sensor (23.6 x 15.7 mm) with 24.96/24.24 million pixels (total/effective), aspect ratio 3:2
- Photo Resolution: DNG: 6016 x 4014 Pixels (24 Megapixels), JPEG: optional 6000 x 4000 Pixels (24 Megapixels), or 4272 x 2856 Pixels (12 Megapixels), or 3024 x 2016 Pixels (6 Megapixels)
- Photo file formats/compression rates: Optional: JPG, DNG, or DNG + JPG, DNG optionally uncompressed or compressed (lossless)
- Video recording format: MP4
- Video resolution/frame rate: 3840 x 2160 p (4K) 30fps, 1920 x 1080 p (FHD) 60 fps or 1280 x 720 p (HD) fps or 1280 x 720 p (HD) 120 fps (SLOMO)
- Video recording time: Depending on ambient or housing temperature video recordings are possible up to a maximum length of 29 minutes, maximum file size is 4 GB, if a recording exceeds this limit, the respective part is automatically stored in another file
- Internal memory: 32 GB
- Storage media :SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, multimedia cards, UHS II-standard is supported
- ISO range: Automatic, ISO 100 to ISO 50000
- White balance: Automatic, presets for daylight, cloudy, halogen lighting, shadow, electronic flash, two memory slots for manually metered settings, manual color temperature setting
- Autofocus system: Contrast-based
- Autofocus metering methods: Single point, multi-zone, spot, face detection, touch AF
- Exposure modes: Automatic program, aperture priority, shutter speed priority, and manual setting, Fully automatic, sport, portrait, landscape, night portrait, snow/beach, fireworks, candlelight, sunset, digiscoping
- Exposure Metering Methods: Multi-zone, center-weighted, spot
- Exposure compensation: ±3 EV in 1⁄3 EV increments
- Automatic exposure bracketing: Three pictures in graduations up to ± 3EV, adjustable in 1⁄3 EV increments
- Shutter speed range: 30 s to 1⁄40000 s (up to 1⁄4000 s with mechanical, shorter with electronic shutter)
- Picture sequence: Approx. 7 fps (with mechanical shutter) and 20 fps (with electronic shutter), 29 pictures at full speed, then depending on memory card properties
- Flash modes: Adjustable with attached, system compatible flash
- Flash exposure compensation: ±3 EV in 1⁄3 EV increments
- Flash synchronization: 1⁄180 s
- Monitor: 3.7” TFT LCD, 1.3 million pixels, 854 x 480 per color channel
- Self-Timer: Selectable delay time 2 or 12 s
- WIFI: Complies with IEEE 802.11b/g/n standard (standard WLAN protocol), channel 1-11, encryption method: WiFi-compatible WPA™/WPA2™
- Power supply: Leica BP-DC13 lithium ion battery, rated voltage 7.2 V, capacity 985 mAh (min.) (based on CIPA standard): approx. 250 pictures, charging time (after total discharge): approx. 160 min
- Interfaces: Micro (type D) HDMI port, HDMI 1.4b standard is supported, USB type C port, USB 3.0 Super Speed standard is supported, battery charging via USB connection possible with max. 1 A, accessory shoe with Leica flash interface with integrated connection for optional accessories
- Body: Leica unibody aluminum design, attachment system for carrying straps and other accessories, ISO accessory shoe with center and control contacts for flash units or Leica Visoflex electronic viewfinders
- Tripod thread: A 1⁄4 DIN 4503 (1⁄4“)
- Body dimensions (WxHxD): 134 x 69 x 33 mm
- Weight Approx.: 399 g/355 g (with/without battery)
- Scope of delivery: Camera body, carrying strap, 2 release keys for removing the dummy plugs or e.g. the carrying strap, battery (Leica BP-DC13), charger (Leica BC-DC13) with 6 adapter plugs, USB type C cord
- Software: Leica App (free download in Apple™ App Store™/Google™ Play Store™)