FREE DELIVERY on this product
- Focal length: 400 mm
- Nikon Z mount
- Max / Minimum aperture: f/4.5 - f/32
- Weight: Approx. 1245g
- Product ID: NIKON-Z-400MM-F4-5
Nikon Nikkor Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S Telephoto Lens
You won't find greater freedom with a lens. The Nikon NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S offers unparalleled portability, handling and resolution. Capture breathtaking images down to the most minute detail, from wildlife to sports, thanks to its super-telephoto 400mm focal length and incredible S-line image quality.
The incredibly portable build puts the NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S firmly in a class of its own. Weighing just 1245 g (approx.) and with a total length of just 234.5 mm, this is a super-telephoto lens you can keep attached to your camera.
The centre of gravity on this super-telephoto lens is closer to the camera body—creating the optimal balance for fluid panning and smooth tracking. You can quickly accelerate during handheld panning and stop your movement instantly.
400 mm, and then some
The NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S is compatible with the Z series lightweight 1.4x and 2x teleconverters. Increase your reach to 560 mm or 800 mm with the same outstanding resolution, and very little extra weight or length.
Thrilling image quality
From tires spraying dirt to an eagle in repose—the outstanding resolving power of this super-telephoto lens lets you capture every shot in stunning detail. Bokeh, colour, clarity, and contrast are all superb, and you can shoot without worrying about glare or backlighting. AF is fast, accurate, and exceptionally quiet. This is an S-line lens that will match your creative vision perfectly.
f/4.5 maximum aperture
Speedy subjects. Beautiful bokeh. The f/4.5 maximum aperture lets you work creatively with shutter speeds and depth of field. Freeze fast action and isolate subjects from busy backgrounds—images stay sharp even when shooting wide open.
With Nikon’s powerful in-lens optical VR giving you a 5.5-stop advantage, shooting handheld has never been this steady. If used with the Z 9, Synchro VR combines the in-lens and in-camera VR systems for up to 6.0 stops of compensation.
The optical construction boasts Nikon’s Nano Crystal Coat, which counters ghosting and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally. Super ED, ED, and SR glass control chromatic aberration from the centre to the edge.
Stills or video, the perfectly balanced NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S is designed to bring you a comfortable, fluid shooting experience. The front grip encourages a stable shooting posture. An intuitive control layout and tactile details on buttons, rings, and switches help you quickly make adjustments without taking your eye off the viewfinder.
- Type: Nikon Z mount
- Format: FX
- Focal length: 400 mm
- Maximum aperture: f/4.5
- Minimum aperture: f/32
- Lens construction: 19 elements in 13 groups (including 1 ED element, 2 super-ED elements, 1 SR element, elements with a Nano Crystal coat, and a fluorine-coated front lens element)
- Angle of view: FX format: 6° 10', DX format: 4°
- Focusing system: Internal focusing system
- Minimum focus distance: 2.5 m (8.21 ft)
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 0.16x
- Vibration reduction: Lens shift using voice coil motors (VCMs)
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- Aperture range: f/4.5 to 32
- Coating: Nano Crystal Coat, Fluorine coat
- Filter attachment size: 95 mm (P = 1.0 mm)
- Diameter x length (extension from lens mount): Approx. 104 mm x 234.5 mm (4.1 in. x 9.3 in.) (maximum diameter × distance to end of lens from camera lens mount flange)
- Weight: Approx. 1245 g (2 lb 12 oz) (with tripod collar); Approx. 1160 g (2 lb 9 oz) (without tripod collar)
- Autofocus: Yes
- Internal focusing: Yes
- Focusing: Auto, Manual
- Focus limit switch: Two positions: FULL (∞ to 2.5 m) and ∞ to 6 m
|Product Type:||Lens, Photographic Accessory|