FREE DELIVERY on this product
- Full HD movies
- Vibration Reduction
- DSLR-quality images
- 24.2 MP DX-format sensor
- Product ID: NIKON-D3500-KIT-BLK
D3500 + AF-P DX 18–55 VR
Versatile zoom lens kit for great everyday photography. Includes the D3500 camera and the compact AF-P DX NIKKOR 18–55mm VR zoom lens. The lens in this kit focuses quickly and smoothly, with virtually no drive noise, which makes it the perfect partner for shooting movies. Nikon’s impressive Vibration Reduction keeps images sharp even in low-light situations.
OUTSHINE THE ORDINARY
From big days to every day, experience the joy of real photography. The compact D3500 blends premium build quality with outstanding performance. Effortless operation makes it spectacularly easy to shoot—and share—memorable moments.
Revel in the beauty. DSLR image quality.
The D3500’s large 24.2 MP DX-format sensor captures richly detailed photos and Full HD movies—even when you shoot in low light. Combined with the rendering power of your NIKKOR lens, you can start creating artistic portraits with smooth background blur. With ease.
FROM FIRST LIGHT TO THE LAST DANCE
Capture it all. From the magic of midnight to the colours of a new day. With an ISO light-sensitivity range of 100–25600, your photos and videos will shine in any light.
MORE TO LOVE
The camera’s razor-sharp autofocus system will keep subjects in perfect focus, while a swift 5 fps lets you capture five beautiful images for every second. Whether you’re zooming in on a tender look or going wide to capture the kids in action—the moment is yours.
Dive into movies
Capturing perfect images is only half the fun. With the D3500 in your hands, you can record smooth, finely detailed Full HD movies at frame rates of up to 60p. Thanks to the camera’s wide ISO light-sensitivity range, you can easily film under overcast skies or at night.
Crafted to enjoy
The strength of the precision-engineered metal lens mount means you can change lenses again and again, without worrying about wear and tear. From telephoto zoom lenses to wide-angle primes, once you start exploring the beauty of different NIKKOR lenses, you won’t want to stop.
Built to hold
The D3500’s deep grip just begs to be held. This camera immediately feels comfortable in your hand, and composing shots feels steady. Spacious button placement makes operation easy and the long battery life will keep you shooting from dawn until dusk. And beyond.
Always your best shot
Do more. Use Auto mode to easily create perfect DSLR-quality images. Or take your images a step further with Guide Mode. The ultimate assist, Guide Mode shows you exactly how to adjust the camera’s settings to capture amazing photos and movies the way you want.
MAKE IT SPECIAL
For moments that deserve a little extra, you can apply a range of in-camera creative effects to photos and movies before you shoot. Or tweak the look of your photos after shooting. The large high-resolution 921k-dot LCD monitor lets you compose and review shots in perfect clarity.
TOO GOOD NOT TO SHARE
Why wait? The SnapBridge app for iOS and Android enables an always-on connection between your camera and your smartphone/tablet. Make a splash with your DSLR-quality images, shared in the moment.
The adventure starts here
Your Nikon DSLR is part of an endlessly expandable photographic system that can grow with you. Find new ways to compose beautiful shots with renowned NIKKOR lenses. Nikon Speedlights help you explore the creative potential of light.
- Type: Single-lens reflex digital camera
- Lens mount: Nikon F mount (with AF contacts)
- Effective angle of view: Nikon DX format; focal length equivalent to approx. 1.5x that of lenses with FX format angle of view
- Image sensor: DX, CMOS, 23.5 mm x 15.6 mm
- Total pixels: 24.78 million
- Dust-reduction system: Image Dust Off reference data (Capture NX-D software required)
- Effective pixels: 24.2 million
- Image size (pixels): (L) 6000 x 4000 (24.0 million), (M) 4496 x 3000 (13.5 million), (S) 2992 x 2000 (6.0 million)
- Storage file formats: NEF (RAW): 12 bits, compressed; JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1: 4), normal (approx. 1: 8), or basic (approx. 1: 16) compression; NEF (RAW)+JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats
- Picture Control System: Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape, Flat; selected Picture Control can be modified
- Storage media: SD, SDHC (UHS-I compliant), SDXC (UHS-I compliant)
- Card slot: 1 Secure Digital (SD) card
- File system: DCF 2.0, Exif 2.3, PictBridge
- Viewfinder: Eye-level pentamirror single-lens reflex viewfinder
- Frame coverage: Approx. 95% horizontal and 95% vertical
- Magnification: Approx. 0.85 x (50 mm f/1.4 lens at infinity, –1.0 m-¹)
- Eyepoint: 18 mm (–1.0 m-¹; from center surface of viewfinder eyepiece lens)
- Diopter adjustment: -1.7 to +0.5 m-¹
- Focusing screen: Type B BriteView Clear Matte Mark VII screen
- Reflex mirror: Quick return
- Lens aperture: Instant return, electronically controlled
- Shutter type: Electronically-controlled vertical-travel focal-plane shutter
- Shutter speed: 1/4000 to 30 s, in steps of 1/3 EV; Bulb; Time
- Flash sync speed: X=1/200 s;, synchronizes with shutter at 1/200 s or slower
- Release mode: S (single frame), Continuous, QC (quiet continuous shutter-release), Self-timer
- Frame advance rate: Up to 5 fps; Note: Frame rates assume manual focus, manual or shutter-priority auto exposure, a shutter speed of 1/250 s or faster, and other settings at default values.
- Self-timer: 2 s, 5 s, 10 s, 20 s; 1 to 9 exposures
- Exposure metering: TTL exposure metering using 420-pixel RGB sensor
- Metering method: Matrix metering: 3D color matrix metering II; Center-weighted metering: Weight of 75% given to 8-mm circle in center of frame; Spot metering: Meters 3.5-mm circle (about 2.5% of frame) centered on selected focus point
- Metering range (ISO 100, f/1.4 lens, 20 °C/68 °F): Matrix or center-weighted metering: 0 to 20 EV Spot metering: 2 to 20 EV
- Exposure meter coupling: CPU
- Mode: Auto modes (auto; auto, flash off); programmed auto with flexible program (P); shutter-priority auto (S); aperture-priority auto (A); manual (M); scene modes (portrait; sports; close up; night portrait); special effects modes (night vision; super vivid; pop; photo illustration; toy camera effect; miniature effect; selective color; silhouette; high key; low key)
- Exposure compensation: Can be adjusted by –5 to +5 EV, in increments of 1/3 EV, in P, S, A, M, scene, and night vision modes
- Exposure lock: Luminosity locked at detected value with AE-L/AF-L button
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 100 to 25600, in steps of 1 EV, Auto ISO sensitivity control available
- Active D-Lighting: On, off
- Autofocus: Nikon Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection, 11 focus points (including one cross-type sensor), and AF-assist illuminator (range approx. 0.5 to 3 m/1 ft 8 in. to 9 ft 10 in.)
- Detection range: –1 to +19 EV (ISO 100, 20 °C/68 °F)
- Lens servo: Single-servo AF (AF-S), Continuous-servo AF (AF-C), Auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A); predictive focus tracking activated automatically according to subject status, Manual focus (MF): Electronic rangefinder can be used
- Focus points: 11, Can be selected from 11 focus points
- AF-area mode: Single-point AF, dynamic-area AF, auto-area AF, 3D-tracking (11 points)
- Focus lock: Focus can be locked by pressing shutter-release button halfway (single-servo AF) or by pressing AE-L/AF-L button
- Built-in flash: Auto, portrait, close up, night portrait, super vivid, pop, photo illustration, toy camera effect: Auto flash with auto pop-up; P, S, A, M: Manual pop-up with button release
- Guide Number: Approx. 7/22, 8/26 with manual flash (m/ft, ISO 100, 20 °C/68 °F)
- Flash control: TTL: i-TTL flash control using 420-pixel RGB sensor is available with built-in flash; i-TTL balanced fill-flash for digital SLR is used with matrix and center-weighted metering, standard i-TTL flash for digital SLR with spot metering
- Flash modes: Auto, auto with red-eye reduction, auto slow sync, auto slow sync with red-eye reduction, fill-flash, red-eye reduction, slow sync, slow sync with red-eye reduction, rear-curtain with slow sync, rear-curtain sync, off
- Flash compensation: Can be adjusted by -3 to +1 EV in steps of 1/3 EV, in P, S, A, M, and scene modes
- Flash-ready indicator: Lights when built-in flash or optional flash unit is fully charged; flashes after flash is fired at full output
- Accessory shoe: ISO 518 hot-shoe with sync and data contacts and safety lock
- Nikon Creative Lighting System: i-TTL flash control, Color Information Communication, AF-assist for multi-area AF
- Sync terminal: AS-15 sync terminal adapter (available separately)
- White balance: Auto, incandescent, fluorescent (7 types), direct sunlight, flash, cloudy, shade, preset manual, all except preset manual with fine-tuning
- Live view - lens servo: Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S), full-time-servo AF (AF-F), Manual focus (MF)
- Live view - AF-area mode: Face-priority AF, Wide-area AF, Normal-area AF, Subject-tracking AF
- Live view – autofocus: Contrast-detect AF anywhere in frame (camera selects focus point automatically when face-priority AF or subject-tracking AF is selected)
- Live View - automatic scene selection: Available in auto and auto, flash off modes
- Movie – metering: TTL exposure metering using main image sensor
- Movie - metering method: Matrix
- Movie - frame size (pixels) and frame rate: 1920 x 1080: 60p (progressive), 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p; 1280 x 720: 60p, 50p; Actual frame rates for 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, and 24p are 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, and 23.976 fps respectively; options support both high and normal image quality
- Movie - file format: MOV
- Movie - video compression: H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding
- Movie - audio recording format: Linear PCM
- Movie - audio recording device: Built-in monaural microphone; sensitivity adjustable
- Movie - ISO sensitivity: ISO 100 to 25600
- Monitor: 7.5-cm (3–in.) diagonal; TFT LCD with 170° viewing angle, approx. 100% frame coverage, and brightness adjustment; Approx. 921k-dot (VGA)
- Playback: Full-frame and thumbnail (4, 9, or 72 images or calendar) playback with playback zoom, playback zoom cropping, playback face zoom, movie playback, photo and/or movie slide shows, histogram display, highlights, photo information, location data display, auto image rotation, picture rating, and image comment (up to 36 characters)
- USB: Hi-Speed USB, with Micro-USB connector; connection to built-in USB port is recommended
- HDMI output: Type C HDMI connector
- Bluetooth standards: Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1; Bluetooth: 2402 to 2480 MHz, Bluetooth Low Energy: 2402 to 2480 MHz; 1.2 dBm (EIRP); Approximately 10 m (32 ft) without interference, range may vary with signal strength and presence or absence of obstacles
- Battery: One EN-EL14a rechargeable Li-ion battery
- AC adapter: EH-5c/EH-5b AC adapter; requires EP-5A power connector (available separately)
- Tripod socket: 1/4–in. (ISO 1222)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 124 x 97 x 69.5 mm (4.9 x 3.9 x 2.8 in.)
- Weight: Approx. 415 g (14.7 oz), with battery and memory card but without body cap; approx. 365 g/12.9 oz (camera body only)
- Operating environment – temperature: 0 °C to 40 °C (+32 °F to 104 °F)
- Operating environment – humidity: 85% or less (no condensation)
- Supplied accessories: AN-DC3 Strap, DK-25 Rubber Eyecup (comes attached to camera), BF-1B Body Cap, EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (with terminal cover), MH-24 Battery Charger (plug adapter supplied in countries or regions where required; shape depends on country of sale)
|Lens(es) included:||NIKKOR AF-P DX 18mm-55 mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens|
|Lens Mount:||Nikon F|
|Memory Card Type:||SD, SDHC, SDXC|
|Product Type:||Digital SLR|
|Sensor:||APS-C 23.5mm x 15.6mm CMOS Sensor|