Very large field angle and fast autofocus – combined with protection against dust and spray water for reliable photography in all weathers: this is the ideal full-frame lens for landscape, astro and architectural photography. The ZEISS Batis autofocus lenses were specially developed for mirrorless full-frame system cameras from Sony.
Smooth and reliable autofocus
The design of the autofocus system requires an extremely accurate shifting of particular lens groups. The focusing system of ZEISS lenses is designed to ensure a robust and smooth-running autofocus mechanism with the best imaging performance.
Versatile full-frame lens
The powerful lens for the mirrorless full-frame system of Sony fulfills the highest requirements. Despite its compact design, the image meets the expectations of professional photographers.
Excellent resolution and high contrast
Richly saturated and vivid colours are a must in the creation of lasting impressions. However, stray light within an optical system leads to a lightening of the image that is particularly noticeable in the shadows. This reduces image contrast, with the result that exposures lack contrast and appear faded. To avoid this, ZEISS combines various specially developed technologies to reduce the undesirable effects of stray light.
Robust and weatherproof metal construction
Thanks to features that are designed to keep out dust and spray water, the lens is perfectly suited for critical outdoor conditions. It is also designed for many years of intensive use.
Innovative OLED display
For the first time, you can accurately read the focus distance and depth of field simply and intuitively on the OLED display on the lens. Especially in poor light conditions – excellent readability is always guaranteed.
- Focal length - 18 mm
- Aperture range - f/2.8 – f/22
- Camera mount - Sony E-Mount*
- Format compatibility - Full Frame
- Focusing range - 0,25 m (9.8"") – ∞
- Free working distance - 0,17 m (6.7"") – ∞
- Angular field** (diag. | horiz. | vert.) - 99° / 90° / 67°
- Diameter of image field - 43 mm (1.69"")
- Coverage at close range (MOD)** - 227 x 340 mm (8.9 x 13.4"")
- Image ratio at minimum object distance - 01:09.5
- Lens elements | groups - 11-Oct
- Flange focal distance - 18 mm (0.71"")
- Entrance pupil position (front of image plane) - 73 mm (2.9"")
- Autofocus - +
- Image Stabilization - –
- Filter thread - M77 x 0.75
- Rotation angle of focusing ring - Focusing not mechanically coupled
- Diameter max. - 100 mm (3.9"")
- Diameter of focusing ring - 78 mm (3.1"")
- Length (with lens caps) - 95 mm (3.7"")
- Length (without lens caps) - 80 mm (3.1"")
- Weight - 330 g (0.74 lbs)