The Internet as a tool
When it’s time to get online, the MP02’s 4G LTE connection can be shared with a tablet/laptop – which means easier typing in comparison with a smartphone, and a bigger screen. This two-device approach means that the Internet is something you dip into, rather than the other way round.
Being here, being effective
Focus is at a premium in the digital age. The MP02 makes it easier to be where you are, whether that’s a family weekend away or an important business meeting. It gives you freedom from a constant onslaught of designed-for-addiction notifications and other distractions. It puts you in charge.
Connection in the digital age
The Punkt. MP02 is built for connecting with people. It’s comfortable to hold and to use, and features excellent audio quality and battery life: a phone that actually works as a phone, with up-to-the-minute styling and an interface that is elegant and efficient.
Low-key, stylish design
The instantly-recognisable MP02 is the work of renowned product designer Jasper Morrison. It is built around effective simplicity: press the phonebook button to make a call, press the text button to send a message. For everything else, there’s a fast, lean menu system: up, down, select, go.
A BlackBerry-controlled workstation adds BlackBerry Secure protection during manufacture. This is a world first: no other non-BlackBerry phone has had this before.
The MP02’s unique ringtones have their own pedigree: they are the work of respected Norwegian sound artist Kjetil Røst Nilsen.
The phone feels solid in the hand. It’s well-balanced and is designed for one-handed use. The body is reinforced with glass-fibre and its textured finish is both protective and unusual. It’s a phone for keeping, not replacing.
The housing of the MP02 is reinforced with glass-fibre and finished with a tough, abrasion-resistant coating. Splashproof to IP52 standard.
The display is monochrome+ (black and white). Unusually, the interface is 100% text-based – no icons whatsoever. Click through in seconds: up, down, select, go.
- Display: 2.0″, 4:3 ratio, VA TFT transflective, 320 x 240 (QVGA),
- Audio: Front speaker, Rear (hands-free) speaker (1.5 W max output), Front mic, Rear (noise-cancelling) microphone, Audio power amplifier class K, Vibrating alert motor
- Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 210
- RAM: 2 GB LPDDR3, 533 MHz
- Operating System: Android AOSP 8.1
- Functions: Phone calls, with noise-cancelling technology and hands-free option, SMS with predictive text-entry, user dictionary, threaded messaging, monochrome ideograms and MMS receipt/display, Contacts, Notes (with reminder facility), Clock (including alarm clock, stopwatch, countdown timer, world clock), Calculator (add, subtract, multiply, divide), Month-view calendar, Internet tethering (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and USB), Aeroplane mode
- Storage: 16 GB eMMC 4.5
- Network: LTE category 4 with VoLTE, 2G, 3G, 4G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4 GHz, Bluetooth v4.1, USB 2.0 with USB-C connector
- Sensors: GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, Gravity + gyro, eCompass
- Battery: 1,280 mAh lithium-ion, 2.5 charge time, 12.5 days standby, 4.2 hours talk time
- Weight: 100 g