Roughly translated, “Solo” in Italian means “alone”. You will feel anything but that when listening to Como Audio’s Solo, because Solo unlocks a world of musical entertainment. Be it tuning an Internet radio station from the other side of the globe, enjoying one of 30+ million songs from Spotify Connect, or streaming music via Bluetooth wireless technology, let Solo be your music concierge.
Whole House Control
Multi-room began life as Multi-zone, and depending on the system, may have required a custom installer to install it and “train” the customer how to use it. For those wanting a simpler solution, place our models in different rooms, download our free App, and you’ll soon be enjoying music throughout your home. Control your music anywhere, from anywhere. Play different sources in any room or sync all the rooms together to play the same thing. It’s multi-room on your terms.
“A” is for Apple…and Android. Whichever you use, we have the App for you. The free Como Control App for iOS and Android converts your smart device into a wireless, touch screen controller for your Solo or Duetto. Let your fingers do the walking and access functions like power, volume, tuning, presets, sources, EQ, play/pause, view Internet station logos and Spotify album art, see meta data, and coordinate multi-room sound (if you have multiple models throughout your home). You can also set the time, activate the Sleep timer, and perform a Factory reset, all without having to use the controls on the unit. Control freaks, we have you covered.
Some audio products on the market that come with an App often do not also include a remote control. At Como Audio, we recognize there may be times when a dedicated remote can come in handy, so we include one with every Como Audio music system. Duplicating many of the front panel functions and offering a few new ones, the remote provides control for power, volume, mute, ‘now playing’ information, source selection, setting alarms, menu access, tuning, play/pause/track control, saving Internet station Favorites, and even turning the backlight off in standby. Our remote strikes the perfect balance between functionality and simplicity (and it looks cute, too).
- Analog clock display; Time/date will update automatically.
- Large TFT color display (3.2″ for Duetto, 2.8″ for Solo): Reproduces DAB and Spotify album art and station logos from Internet radio and DAB stations, unlike OLED or monochrome LCDs. Also allows control without having to use the app or remote.
- Remote control: Controls many major functions yet remains compact.
- Free iOS & Android app: Use your phone or tablet to change volume, source, presets, equalization, tune stations, and control multi-room functions.
- DAB/DAB+: Over 20 countries outside North America support DAB or DAB+ broadcasting. (European version)
- FM RDS: RDS provides song, artist information, and radio station information (where available).
- Internet Radio (30,000+ free stations and Podcasts from around the world).
- Multi-room capable: Allows you to place our products throughout your home and control them all with our app. Have up to 5 units per zone (# of zones depends on user’s WiFi network).
- Bluetooth 4.1 A2DP with aptX audio: Bluetooth allows wireless music streaming, displaying artist and song information, while aptX provides CD-like sound quality over Bluetooth (from enabled devices).
- NFC: Eliminates the need for traditional Bluetooth pairing and connecting (using enabled devices).
- Spotify Connect: Allows Spotify’s 30+ million worldwide premium subscribers to stream from 30+ million songs directly from Spotify’s servers, not from a phone or tablet, resulting in uninterrupted music and maximizing battery time.
- DLNA Version 1.5: Wirelessly stream music from your enabled PC/Mac or NAS.
- Music player allowing easy navigation and playback through a USB or network-shared library of music files including AAC+, MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, and ALAC. ALAC is important because it is the Apple lossless format.
- USB input: For music playback from a USB flash drive and other mass storage devices. This USB jack will also trickle charge many smart phones.
- Wirelessly stream music from your computer via your existing WiFi network without the need for separate bridges or modules.
- Optical hi res input to connect audio from a TV resulting in superior sound over your TV speakers.
- Two high res audio auxiliary inputs supports up to 24 bit/192KHz.
- Google Chromecast for Audio-ready and Amazon Alexa-ready (Echo, Dot, etc.): Connect the analog output to the Auxiliary input. Alternately, the Echo and Dot can be connected wirelessly via Bluetooth using the Amazon Alex app.
- 20VDC/3A: For use with an external adapter (not included) in lieu of using the supplied power cord.
- Internal switching power supply 100-240V, 50-60Hz: Eliminates the need for a bulky switching “wall wart” which can also degrade reception.
- Class D digital amplifier: 30 watts per channel RMS: Enough power to faithfully reproduce audio and fill a room with beautiful sound.
- Works with 802.11a/b/g/n & 2.4/5GHz routers.
- Consumes 1.5 watts maximum in standby.
- Consumes 22 watts at full volume (23 watts with Ambiente connected).
- (H) 5.19in/132mm x (W) 9.44in/240mm x (D) 7.08in/180mm (includes feet and antenna)
- Weight 4.2lbs/1.91kg
- Shipping dimensions: (H) 6.96in/177mm x (W) 11.69in/297mm x (D) 8.85in/225mm
- Shipping Weight: 5.95lb/2.7kg