FREE DELIVERY on this product
- focal length of 75 mm
- focusing distance of 0.85 m to infinity
- Product ID: LEI-NOCTILUX-M-75MM
A revolution in portrait photography.
Depth of focus redefined
For more than 50 years, the name Noctilux has been synonymous with exceptional technology, extending the limits of what is technically possible, and founded on the outstanding quality delivered by German mechanical and optical engineering.
The new Leica Noctilux-M 75 mm f/1.25 ASPH. is set to become a legend in its own right with its incredibly shallow depth of field in combination with exceptional imaging performance, and a uniquely soft bokeh.
Its optical design allows precise, exceptionally detailed isolation of subjects form their background to create images of unique character. With a focal length of 75 mm, it is predestined for the creation of portraits with a natural look. A lens for M- and SL-Photographers who are seeking something truly special and know how to make best use of creativity in their imagery.
The optical design of the Leica Noctilux-M 75 mm f/1.25 ASPH. features nine elements in six groups. Two aspherical elements are included in the design to ensure optimum imaging performance across the entire image frame. Thanks to a floating element, this is also maintained from the closest focusing distance of 0.85 m to infinity.
This exceptionally short focusing distance for a fast lens, and a reproduction ratio of 1:8.8, underline the particular suitability of the lens for portraits and highly detailed reproductions.
The harmonious bokeh of the lens is the result of the round aperture created by the eleven blades of its iris. An integrated, lockable lens hood protects the lens against dirt and stray light. Thanks to its enormous resolving power, the Leica 75 mm f/1.25 ASPH. is ideally equipped for the future and delivers exceptional quality when cropping images captured by sensors with smaller pixels.
Exceptional design in every respect
The excellence of the 75 mm f/1.25 ASPH. is by no means limited to its technical performance. The visible and tactile quality and craftsmanship, and a focus on essential features so typical of Leica products also makes it particularly impressive.
Planes of focus that can be set with millimetre-precision, outstanding image performance at maximum aperture and unmistakeable bokeh: The name Noctilux has stood for excellent optical design for more than half a century.
The first lens of this series, the Leica Noctilux 50 mm f/1.2, was revealed to the world of photography at photokina in 1966. It astounded visitors and the industry press with its revolutionary optical properties. Even today, the Leica Noctilux-M 50 mm f/0.95 ASPH. released in 2008 is still the world’s fastest aspherical lens. Just like the new Noctilux-M 75 mm f/1.25 ASPH., it fascinates photographers with unmistakeable bokeh and visual qualities reminiscent of impressionist paintings.
- Angles of view (diagonal, horizontal, vertical): For 35 mm (24x36 mm): approx. 32°, 27°, 18°/ For Leica M8 models (18x27 mm): / approx. 24°, 20°, 14°, corresponding to approx. 100 mm focal length in 35 mm format1
- Optical design: Number of lens elements/groups: 9/6 / Aspherical surfaces / Position of entrance pupil (at infinity): 26.9 mm (in front of bayonet)
- Distance setting: Focusing range: 0.85 m to ∞ / Scales: Combined meter/feet graduation / Smallest object field/Largest reproduction ratio: For 35 mm, approx. 212x318 mm/1:8.8 / For Leica M8 models, approx. 159x238 mm/1:8.
- Aperture: Setting/Function: Preset with click-stops/half values available/ Lowest value: 16
- Lens mount: Leica M quick-change bayonet with 6-bit lens identification bar code for digital M models2
- Filter mount: Internal thread for screw-on filter E67, with non-rotating focusing mount
- Lens hood: Built-in, screw-out
- Viewfinder: Camera viewfinder
- Finish: Black anodized
- Dimensions and weight: Length as of the bayonet surface: approx. 91 mm/ Largest diameter: approx. 74 mm/ Weight: approx. 1055 g
- Compatible cameras: All Leica M cameras3, 4, Leica SL camera using Leica M Adapter L
|Lens Mount:||Leica M Quick-Change Bayonet|