Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
FREE DELIVERY (UK Mainland only)
5% OFF for new customers!
Discount is automatically applied at the checkout
- Product ID: Amazon-echo-wht
Amazon Echo is a hands-free speaker you control with your voice. Echo connects to the Alexa Voice Service to play music, provide information, news, sports scores, weather and more. Prime members can also ask Alexa to order eligible products they've ordered before and many Prime products. All you have to do is ask.
Echo has seven microphones and beam-forming technology so it can hear you from across the room—even in noisy environments or while playing music. Echo is also an expertly tuned speaker that can fill any room with 360° immersive sound. When you want to use Echo, just say the wake word "Alexa" and Echo responds. If you have more than one Echo or Echo Dot, Alexa responds intelligently from the device you're closest to with ESP (Echo Spatial Perception).
Voice Control Your Music
Amazon Echo provides hands-free voice control for Amazon Music—just ask for your favourite artist or song, or request a specific genre or mood. You can also search for music by lyrics, when a song or album was released, or let Alexa pick the music for you. Listen to 40 million songs with Amazon Music Unlimited.
Echo also provides hands-free voice control to Spotify and TuneIn. Plus, Echo is Bluetooth-enabled so you can stream other popular music services like iTunes from your phone or tablet. Echo has been fine-tuned to deliver crisp vocals with dynamic bass response. Its dual downward-firing speakers produce 360° omni-directional audio to fill any room with immersive sound.
Far-Field Voice Recognition
Tucked under the light ring is an array of seven microphones that use beam-forming technology and enhanced noise cancellation. With far-field voice recognition, Amazon Echo can hear you ask a question from any direction—even in noisy environments or while playing music.
When you want to use Echo, simply say the wake word, "Alexa", and Echo lights up and streams audio to the cloud, where the Alexa Voice Service is leveraged to recognise and respond to your request.
Always Getting Smarter
Alexa—the brain behind Amazon Echo—updates through the cloud automatically and is continually learning, adding new functionality and skills. The more you use Echo, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary and personal preferences.
Skills add even more capabilities such as ordering take away from Just Eat, requesting a ride from Uber, checking train times from National Rail and more. Enabling skills lets your Amazon Echo do even more—simply discover and enable the skills you want to use in the Alexa App.
Echo Has Skills
New skills are being added all the time. You can also see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are saying about skills in the Alexa App.
Use Amazon Echo to switch on the lamp before getting out of bed, turn up the thermostat while reading in your favourite chair, or dim the lights from the couch to watch a film—all without lifting a finger.
Control Your Home
Echo works with smart home devices such as lights, switches, thermostats and more from WeMo, Philips Hue, Hive, Netatmo, tado° and others.
Echo now supports IFTTT (If This, Then That), a third-party service that allows you to create rules (or "recipes") that automate how your devices, apps and websites work with each other.
Do More with Alexa App
With the free Alexa App on Fire OS, Android, iOS and desktop browsers, you can easily set up and manage your Amazon Echo.
Use the Alexa App to connect services you already use such as Amazon Music, Spotify and Google Calendar. Set up your smart home devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Hive, Netatmo, tado° and more. See which books are available to listen to from your Audible library. View shopping and to-do lists while on the go. Control your timers and set custom tones for your alarms, and much more. The Alexa App is also where you discover and enable third-party skills.
- Size: 235 x 83.5 x 83.5 mm (9.25" x 3.27" x 3.27")
- Weight: 1064 grams
- Actual size and weight may vary by manufacturing process.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: Dual-band, dual-antenna Wi-Fi (MIMO) for faster streaming and fewer dropped connections than standard Wi-Fi. Supports 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi networks. Does not support connection to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Amazon Echo and Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices
- Audio: 2.5 inch woofer and 2.0 inch tweeter
- System Requirements: Amazon Echo comes ready to connect to your Wi-Fi. The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android and iOS devices, and also accessible via your desktop browser. Certain skills and services are subject to change, may not be available outside the United Kingdom, and may require separate subscriptions or other fees
- Warranty and Service: Amazon Echo is sold with a worldwide limited warranty of one year provided by the manufacturer. If you are a consumer, the limited warranty is in addition to your consumer rights, and does not jeopardise these rights in any way. This means you may still have additional rights at law even after the limited warranty has expired (for further information on your consumer rights, click here). Use of Amazon Echo is subject to the terms found here
- Included in the Box: Amazon Echo, power adaptor/cable (1.8 m) and Quick Start Guide