5 Year TV Warranty
Most of our TV's purchased on Tekzone.co.uk are covered by a 5 Year Warranty although some exceptions apply.
These warranties can be via the manufacturer themselves, or a third-party insurance firm acting on behalf of the manufacturer. In some cases, we are offering the 5 Year Warranty ourselves, and the information on our warranty can be found below.
Philips provides a 24-month manufacturer warranty for TVs starting on the date of purchase as stated on your receipt.
Summary of Cover
This Warranty Plan is provided to You (You/Your) and administered by Tekzone Sound & Vision Ltd (We/ Us/ Our).
Provided You comply at all times with the Terms and Conditions set out below, We warrant that if, during the term of Your Warranty Plan, Your product fails as a result of a mechanical/electrical breakdown We will repair or replace that product as detailed below.
What Services will be Provided?
If Your product breaks down We will pay for the repair, including parts and labour at no cost to You.
The maximum cost of this service shall not exceed the original purchase price paid for the product or the current value if less.
If We decide that the product is uneconomical to repair We will offer You a replacement unit of equal or better specifications or a cash settlement equal to the current value. In the event that We pay You a cash settlement, Your Warranty Plan will terminate.
Current value means the original purchase price for the first year. Thereafter the current value means our selling price of an identical or equivalent product at the time of breakdown less the depreciation below. The replacement value cash settlement We offer will not be more than the original purchase price.
Product Age Depreciation
- 0 - 1 years: No depreciation
- 1 - 2 years: 20%
- 2 - 3 years: 40%
- 3 - 4 years: 60%
- 4 - 5 years: 80%
Services and Associated Costs Not Included:
Repairs due to breakdown caused by:
- Use other than for domestic use by You or Your resident family.
- Operating the product outside standard manufacturer usage guidelines.
- Any wilful act or neglect.
- Faulty installation or connection.
- The weather, including, but not limited to fire, flood and lightning.
The cost of:
- Work due to a manufacturer recall of the product.
- General maintenance, adjustments and the resetting of controls.
- Accessories and consumable items. This includes but is not limited to batteries, light bulbs (except on microwaves), disposable bags, leads and terminal connections, computer peripherals and software.
- Cosmetic items not affecting the normal usage of the product. This includes but is not limited to cabinet trim, cabinet feet and rust.
- Screen burn
- Dead pixels on a Flat Screen Display, unless the level of the problem exceeds the quality standards laid down in ISO 13406-2.
- DLP TV bulbs
- Call out charges where no fault is found.
- Delivery and/or installation charges, in respect of replacement products provided under the Service Plan.
- Satellite system repairs caused by weather damage, breakdown of the TV set or realignment of the satellite antennae
- Replacement parts where any other guarantee, warranty or insurance exists.
- Repair and/or replacement costs for any mechanical or electrical failure occurring to any product installed in a bathroom or shower room or where installation of a product is dangerous and/or contrary to the manufacturer's recommended operating instructions.
- Compensation for loss caused directly or indirectly by the product. For example, if Your washing machine leaks We would not cover the cost of any water damage to Your floor This also includes but is not limited to additional costs incurred by You due to Your inability to use the Product, damaged clothes, damaged carpets, damaged media or food loss.
The loan of any product by Us, to You, while the original unit is undergoing repair.
1. We will only provide Our services within the United Kingdom.
2. The benefit of Your Warranty Plan cannot be transferred without the written permission of the Administrator, Tekzone Sound & Vision Ltd.
3. If any information provided to Us by You or anyone acting on Your behalf is inaccurate or incomplete this Warranty Plan shall terminate and no refund will be due.
4. Unless specifically agreed to the contrary, this Warranty Plan shall be subject to English Law.
5. If We decide that the product is uneconomical to repair and You are given a replacement product or cash settlement, Your Warranty Plan will terminate.
6. Disposal of products: In the event that We replace Your Product you may dispose of the product if it is in Your possession. We will not be responsible for any costs that you may incur in disposing of Your original product.
7. Should breakdown occur due to any unauthorised repair, modification or upgrade of the product we will automatically terminate the Warranty Plan unless you have gained prior written permission from Tekzone Sound & Vision Ltd.
8. You must inform Tekzone Sound & Vision Ltd immediately of any changes to Your details during the term of the Warranty Plan.
How Long Does the Warranty Plan Last?
Electrical/mechanical breakdown starts from the Expiry of the Manufacturer’s Guarantee. Your Warranty Plan start date and end date are stated on Your Warranty Plan Schedule. If We pay You a cash settlement, Your Warranty Plan ends automatically.
Your Warranty Plan will last for exactly 5 years (3 years for Loewe TV's) from the date You originally purchased Your product regardless of any replacement units supplied.
In the event We replace Your set within the terms set out in this Warranty, the remaining Warranty period will be transferred to the replacement unit.
How to Request Our Services
1. If Your product develops a fault, You should check the plug, fuse and the manufacturer’s operating instructions before booking a repair (remember if no fault is found You will have to pay any call out charge). You can call Our Customer Care Team on 01372 439059 for assistance in assessing the fault and whether a repair is required. If the fault cannot be resolved over the phone We will assist You in booking a repair.
Providing the repair falls within the scope of the Warranty Plan We will carry out the repair at no charge to You.
2. Please present Your valid Warranty Plan Schedule to the repairer, to confirm that Your Warranty Plan is still active.
3. Repairs can only be carried out by Our authorised repairer.
4. Any repairs expected to exceed £150 must be authorised by Tekzone Sound & Vision Ltd before being carried out.
If You have a complaint relating to the administration or terms of this Plan You should contact Tekzone Sound & Vision Ltd at the address below. If you are not satisfied You may contact the Operations Manager at the same address.
The details You supply will be stored and used by the Administrator and the Provider to administer Your Warranty Plan and in respect of providing this Warranty Plan to You.
Your data will at all times be held securely and handled with the utmost care in accordance with all principles of the English law. The Provider may use Your details for the prevention of fraud. Your details will not be kept for longer than necessary.
Unless agreed otherwise before the start date, English law will apply.
You can buy extended warranties from other companies. Other forms of protection, such as home contents insurance, may meet Your needs.
You have various statutory rights that apply to the purchase of electrical equipment. You have the right to request a repair or replacement if the electrical goods, when sold were not of satisfactory quality or fit for their purpose. After the first six months of purchase, You will have to prove that the goods had a fault when they were sold to You. This Warranty Plan goes beyond those rights by giving You more rights. Nothing in this plan will reduce or affect Your statutory rights; for further information about Your statutory rights contact Your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
This Warranty Plan is a non-insured scheme provided by Tekzone Sound & Vision Ltd, Cetec House, Business Park 5, Cleeve Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7NB.
Extended Warranty Plans for electrical goods are provided and funded by Tekzone Sound & Vision Ltd. The Financial Services Compensation Scheme does not apply to these warranties and monies are not ring-fenced from Tekzone Sound & Vision Ltd.
This Service Plan is Administered By:
Tekzone Sound & Vision Ltd, Cetec House, Business Park 5, Cleeve Road, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7NB.