Nest Cam IQ Outdoor Camera
Your first line of defence.
Nest Cam IQ is a powerhouse of brains and brawn. Weatherproof. Tamper resistant. And seriously sharp. So, it can help you find out about a break-in before it happens.
Insight for outside.
Good insight starts with incredible sight. Nest Cam IQ can detect a person up to 15 metres (50 feet) away, then alert you with a photo of who's there. With Nest Aware, it can even recognise a familiar face.1
Vision so visionary that we call it Supersight.
What do you get when you combine a 4K sensor with HDR and intelligent imaging? Supersight. It's 1080p HD with superpowers.
- Close-up tracking view: Cut to the chase. If Nest Cam IQ sees a person, special algorithms automatically zoom in and follow the action in the app.
- 12x digital zoom and enhance: Keep a close eye on somewhere specific. With a 4K sensor, it can zoom in up to 12x and enhance for a crisp picture.
- Daytime HDR: Nest Cam IQ combines multiple 4K images to even out challenging lighting conditions. So, details won't disappear or be lost in the shadows.
Looks can be a deterrent
Many burglars can be deterred just by the sight of the camera. Nest Cam IQ is designed to show them that you’re serious.
- Wi-Fi connected: Extra strong, thanks to a 2 x 2 MIMO chip.
- Weatherproof IP66 rating: No rain stoppages here
- High-power infrared LEDs: For clear vision, even at night.
- Locked mount: A hidden power cord plugs into an indoor outlet for 24/7 security.
- Versatile hinge: Multi-axis 360° rotation.
- HD Talk and listen: Powerful, built-in speaker and mic, with noise and echo suppression.
And if you miss something, no problem.
See key snapshots from the past three hours of activity in the Nest app.
Installing Nest Cam IQ outdoor
You can install Nest Cam IQ outdoor yourself. Just drill a hole in your wall and plug it into an indoor socket. To use an outdoor socket, you'll need the weatherproof power adapter for Nest Cam IQ outdoor. (Sold separately)
Your video stays safely in the cloud.
We encrypt our connections. Keep data safe and private. And we work hard to protect your information.
- AES 128-bit encryption
- Secure, private connections
- Two-step verification
Size and weight
- Camera dimensions: 12.8 cm x 9.3 cm x 9.3 cm (5" x 3.7" x 3.7")
- Mass: 568 g (20 oz)
- Total cable length: 7.5 m (25 ft)
- Open a window, route the power cable through it, then close it.
- Drill through your exterior wall and plug it into an indoor socket
- Plug it into an outdoor socket with the weatherproof power adapter for Nest Cam IQ outdoor. (Sold separately)
- 1/2.5", 8-megapixel (4K) colour sensor, 12x digital zoom and enhance, close-up tracking view
- Up to 1080p (1920 × 1080) at 30 frames/sec, H.264 encoding, HDR
Field of view
- 130° diagonal
- High-quality speaker, 3-microphone array
- Status light and RGB light ring
- High-power 850 nm infrared LEDs
- -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
- IP66 rating (weatherproof)
- AC adapter input: 100–240 V AC, 50/60 Hz, 0.65 A
- AC adapter output: 15 V DC, 1.87 A
- Camera input: 15 V DC, 1.0 A
- Requires an indoor power socket
- 128-bit AES with TLS/SSL
In the box
- Nest Cam IQ outdoor camera
- Wall plate
- Outdoor power cable
- Indoor power adapter
- Hex key
- Cable clips
- Wall anchors
- Installation Guide
- 802.11b/g/n @ 2.4 GHz (WEP, WPA, WPA2 encryption supported)
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- 802.15.4 @ 2.4 GHz
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n @ 2.4 GHz (WEP, WPA, WPA2 encryption supported). Working broadband Internet connection with at least 2 Mbps upload speed recommended.
- Requires a compatible phone or tablet with the free Nest app and Bluetooth 4.0. Some phones, tablets and networks do not support 1080p. For more info, please visit nest.com/uk/requirements. Use requires creation of a Nest account and acceptance of the Terms of Service, which can be found online at nest.com/uk/terms.
- Video streaming and Nest Aware may be subject to interruption or failure for reasons beyond Nest's control, including intermittent Wi-Fi or service provider outages. Nest Cam and Nest Aware do not provide third-party monitored emergency notification or response.
- For optimal video quality at 1080p, a working broadband Internet connection with at least 2 Mbps upload speed per camera is recommended. Cameras will use more bandwidth to stream video when there is more activity in the scene. If you subscribe to Nest Aware, your camera will stream all video to the cloud for secure off-site storage. You can adjust your camera's video quality to use less bandwidth and monthly data.
- English (US, UK)
- French (Canada, France)
- Spanish (Americas, Spain)
- RoHS compliant
- REACH compliant
- Recyclable packaging