Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
FREE DELIVERY (UK Mainland only)
- 24.5 MP
- 100-51200 ISO
- 12 FPS and 4K MOVIE
- 5GHZ WI-FI®
- Product ID: NIKON-Z6-ADT-KIT
Z 6 + Mount Adapter Kit
Compact body. Big mount. Bright lenses. Strong build.
- 24.5 MP
- 100-51200 ISO
- 12 FPS
- 4K MOVIE
- 5GHZ WI-FI®
Bring your ideas into the light. When you have a fast full-frame sensor to shoot with you have the power to make your mark.
The back-illuminated 24.5 MP full-frame CMOS sensor with focal-plane AF captures richly detailed, razor-sharp images.
The blazing EXPEED 6 image processor delivers images with low noise and stunning dynamic range at both high and low ISO values.
Z mount. More light. More possibilities.
- With the world’s widest full-frame lens mount, the agile Z 6 mirrorless camera can capture light as never before. ¹
- The wide 55 mm mount diameter means your Z series camera takes in more light. Just 16 mm between the mount and the camera’s full-frame image sensor means more of that light reaches the sensor.
- From twilight blues to graphic shadows. The powerful optical design of Nikon Z mount lenses, combined with the wide mount, gives you the power to work magic with light.
100–51200 ISO. Inspired, even after dark.
From 3am city scenes to low-light portraits, you have the freedom to catch details in the dark.
Full frame. Full vision.
- Stay sharp with ultra-wide autofocus (AF) coverage across 90 % of the frame. Combined with the incredible focusing power of Nikon Z mount lenses, even subjects at the edge of the frame are easily detected. And vertical shooting is incredibly precise.
- The AF system spots movement instantly. Even small or fast-moving subjects are tracked with absolute precision in any light. And you can use Pinpoint AF mode to hone in on the smallest details.
- Exposure metering down to -4 EV is available when shooting with a lens that has a maximum aperture of f/2 or faster. Find nuance in shadow. Lock onto details even when the only light is the light of the moon.
- An intelligent Face-Detection-AF processor detects and holds faces. That glance. That expression. It’s yours—even if someone is moving quickly.
Timing is everything
12 fps continuous shooting. Find full frames of beauty inside the action.
- In-camera five-axis optical Vibration Reduction (VR) compensates for camera shake in five directions. Stills stay sharp. Video is steady.
- Sport Mode delivers a stable viewfinder image when shooting exceptionally fast action, or when panning. When shooting video, the five-axis optical VR works with electronic VR to deliver incredibly steady footage.
- The in-camera five-axis optical VR lets you shoot at shutter speeds up to five stops slower than otherwise possible. ² Shoot clearer photos as daylight fades or film scenes without the unwanted effects of camera shake.
If you can see it – you can catch it
- Compose freely. Nikon’s advanced 3686k-dot electronic viewfinder keeps the view smooth. The ultra-bright, ultra-sharp EVF doesn’t leave anything out of the frame.
- Aspherical glass elements and protective coatings prevent flare, reflections, and dirt from limiting your view. You’ll see everything clearly, whether you’re exploring the night or shooting in bright daylight.
- The large, clear OLED EVF reproduces colours naturally and handles motion smoothly. Sharp, stable images make composition comfortable—even if you’re panning quickly or have zoomed in to confirm focus.
- The EVF can display images as they’ll look with settings applied—or you can go with a natural image, similar to that of an optical viewfinder. You can overlay key shooting information to aid composition in either view.
Shoot every scene in exquisite detail with full-frame 4K video.
- Record full-frame 4K/UHD movies at 30p. Achieve enthralling slow motion with richly detailed Full HD movies at up to 120p. You can easily capture still frames while filming in 4K or Full HD.
- Oversampling from 6K enables 4K footage with spectacular fineness and detail. The fast EXPEED 6 processor ensures beautifully clean files, remarkably free of noise, moiré, and false colour.
On location or in the editing suite – find your flow.
- Balance the light. In-camera Active D-Lighting balances lights and shadows in high-contrast scenes. Perfect for footage that needs to be ready to go as soon as you’re wrapped.
- Create character. Record at a high 10-bit depth and retrieve 4x more information than with a standard 8-bit recording, giving you maximum image quality for editing and grading. Activate View Assist to see a standard image with simple grading compensation.
- Stay in tune. Record timecode in drop-frame or non-drop-frame formats, and output via 10-bit HDMI. The Z 6 is Atomos Open Protocol compatible: you can sync the start/stop of HDMI movie recording via your external recorder. Or via the camera.
One adapter. Endless inspiration.
With the Mount Adapter FTZ attached to your Z 6 camera, you’re free to use existing F-mount NIKKOR lenses. There’s no loss of image quality. Plus, non-VR lenses will find new levels of sharpness with in-camera VR.
- Type: Mirrorless
- Lens mount: Nikon Z mount
- Effective angle of view: FX (full-frame)
- Image sensor: CMOS, 35.9 mm x 23.9 mm
- Dust-reduction system: Image Dust Off reference data (requires Capture NX-D); image sensor cleaning.
- Effective pixels: 24.5 million
- Storage file formats: NEF (RAW): 12 or 14 bit (lossless compressed, compressed, or uncompressed); large, medium, and small available (medium and small images are recorded at a bit depth of 12 bits using lossless compression) / TIFF (RGB). / JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1 : 4), normal (approx. 1 : 8), or basic (approx. 1 : 16) compression; optimal quality compression available. / NEF (RAW)+JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats.
- Picture Control System: Auto, Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape, Flat. / Creative Picture Controls (Dream, Morning, Pop, Sunday, Somber, Dramatic, Silence, Bleached, Melancholic, Pure, Denim, Toy, Sepia, Blue, Red, Pink, Charcoal, Graphite, Binary, Carbon); selected Picture Control can be modified; storage for custom Picture Controls.
- Card slot: 1 XQD card
- File system: DCF 2.0, Exif 2.31, PictBridge
- Viewfinder: 1.27-cm/0.5-in. approx. 3690k-dot (Quad VGA) OLED with color balance and auto and 11-level manual brightness controls
- Frame coverage: Approx. 100% horizontal and 100% vertical
- Magnification: Approx. 0.8× (50 mm lens at infinity, -1.0 m-1)
- Eyepoint: 21 mm (-1.0 m-1; from center surface of viewfinder eyepiece lens)
- Diopter adjustment: -4 to +2 m-1
- Eye sensor: Automatically switches between monitor and viewfinder displays
- Compatible lenses: Z mount NIKKOR lenses. F mount NIKKOR lenses with mount adapter; restrictions may apply.
- Shutter type: Electronically-controlled vertical-travel focal-plane mechanical shutter; electronic front-curtain shutter; electronic shutter.
- Shutter speed: 1/8000 to 30 s in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV, bulb, time, X200
- Flash sync speed: X=1/200 s; synchronizes with shutter at 1/200 s or slower; Auto FP High-Speed sync supported
- Release mode: Single frame, low-speed continuous, high-speed continuous, high-speed continuous (extended), self-timer
- Frame advance rate: Up to 12 fps. Low-speed continuous: 1 to 5 fps. High-speed continuous: 5.5 fps (14-bit NEF/RAW: 5 fps)(measured under Nikon-specified test conditions)
- Self-timer: 2 s, 5 s, 10 s, 20 s; 1 to 9 exposures at intervals of 0.5, 1, 2, or 3 s
- Exposure metering: TTL exposure metering
- Metering method: Matrix metering. / Center-weighted metering: Weight of 75% given to 12 mm circle in center of frame; weighting can instead be based on average of entire frame. / Spot metering: Meters 4 mm circle (about 1.5% of frame) centered on selected focus point. / Highlight-weighted metering.
- Metering range (ISO 100, f/1.4 lens, 20 °C/68 °F): –3 to +17 EV (ISO 100, f/2.0 lens, 20 °C/68 °F)
- Exposure meter coupling: CPU
- Mode: Auto; programmed auto with flexible program (P); shutter-priority auto (S); aperture-priority auto (A); manual (M); user settings (U1, U2, U3)
- Exposure compensation: –5 to +5 EV in increments of 1/3 or 1/2 EV available in modes P, S, A, and M
- Exposure lock: Luminosity locked at detected value
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 100 to 51200 in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV. / Can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, or 1 EV (ISO 50 equivalent) below ISO 100 or to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1, or 2 EV (ISO 204800 equivalent) above ISO 51200; / auto ISO sensitivity control available
- Active D-Lighting: Can be selected from Auto, Extra high, High, Normal, Low, or Off
- Multiple exposure: Add, average, lighten, darken
- Other options: HDR (high dynamic range), photo mode flicker reduction
- Autofocus: 273 points (phase-detection, in single-point AF) / 90% coverage vertically & horizontally.
- Detection range: -1 to +19 EV (-4 to +19 EV with low-light AF)
- Lens servo: Autofocus (AF): / Single-servo AF (AF-S), Continuous-servo AF (AF-C), full-time AF (AF-F; available only in movie mode); predictive focus tracking. / Manual focus (M): / Electronic rangefinder can be used
- Focus points: 273 (single-point AF)
- AF-area mode: Pinpoint, single-point, and dynamic-area AF (pinpoint and dynamic-area AF available in photo mode only); wide-area AF (S); wide-area AF (L); auto-area AF
- Focus lock: Focus can be locked by pressing shutter-release button halfway (single-servo AF) or by pressing the center of the sub-selector
- Camera VR: 5-axis image sensor shift
- Lens VR: Lens shift (available with VR lenses)
- Flash control: TTL: i-TTL flash control; i-TTL balanced fill-flash is used with matrix, center-weighted, and highlight-weighted metering, standard i-TTL fill-flash with spot metering
- Flash modes: Front-curtain sync, slow sync, rear-curtain sync, red-eye reduction, red-eye reduction with slow sync, slow rear-curtain sync, off
- Flash compensation: -3 to +1 EV in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV available in modes P, S, A, and M
- Flash-ready indicator: Lights when optional flash unit is fully charged; flashes as underexposure warning after flash is fired at full output
- Accessory shoe: ISO 518 hot-shoe with sync and data contacts and safety lock
- Nikon Creative Lighting System: i-TTL flash control, radio-controlled Advanced Wireless Lighting, optical Advanced Wireless Lighting, modeling illumination, FV lock, Color Information Communication, Auto FP High-Speed Sync, unified flash control
- White balance: Auto (3 types), natural light auto, direct sunlight, cloudy, shade, incandescent, fluorescent (7 types), flash, choose color temperature (2500 K to 10,000 K), preset manual (up to 6 values can be stored), all except choose color temperature with fine-tuning
- Bracketing types: Exposure, Flash, White balance, ADL
- Movie – metering: TTL exposure metering using main image sensor
- Movie - metering method: Matrix, center-weighted, or highlight-weighted
Movie - frame size (pixels) and frame rate
- 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD); 30p (progressive), 25p, 24p.
- 1920 x 1080; 120p, 100p, 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p.
- 1920×1080 (slow-mo); 30p ×4, 25p ×4, 24p ×5.
- Actual frame rates for 120p, 100p, 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, and 24p are 119.88, 100, 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, and 23.976 fps respectively; quality selection available at all sizes except 3840 x 2160, 1920 x 1080 120p/100p, and 1920 x 1080 slow-mo, when quality is fixed at high.
- Movie - file format: MOV, MP4
- Movie - video compression: H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding
- Movie - audio recording format: Linear PCM, AAC
- Movie - audio recording device: Built-in stereo or external microphone with attenuator option; sensitivity adjustable
Movie - ISO sensitivity
- Auto: Auto ISO sensitivity control (ISO 100 to 51200).
- P, S, A: Auto ISO sensitivity control (ISO 100 to Hi 2) with selectable upper limit.
- M: Auto ISO sensitivity control (ISO 100 to Hi 2) available with selectable upper limit; manual selection (ISO 100 to 51200 in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV) with additional options available equivalent to approximately 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1, or 2 EV (ISO 204800 equivalent) above ISO 51200.
- Movie - Active D-Lighting: Can be selected from Same as photo settings, Extra high, High, Normal, Low, or Off
- Movie - Other options: Time-lapse movies, electronic vibration reduction, time codes, movie log output (N-Log)
- Monitor: 8 -cm (3.2 –in.) diagonal. Tilting TFT touch-sensitive LCD with 170° viewing angle, approximately 100% frame coverage, and colour balance and 11-level manual brightness controls. Approx. 2100 k-dot.
- Playback: Full-frame and thumbnail (4, 9, or 72 images) playback with playback zoom, playback zoom cropping, movie playback, photo and/or movie slide shows, histogram display, highlights, photo information, location data display, picture rating, and auto image rotation.
- USB: Type C connector (SuperSpeed USB). Connection to built-in USB port is recommended.
- HDMI output: Type C HDMI connector
- Audio input: Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5 mm diameter; plug-in power supported)
- Audio output: Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5 mm diameter)
- Accessory terminal(s): Can be used with MC-DC2 and other optional accessories
- Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) standards: IEEE 802.11b/g/n/a/ac
- Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) operating frequency: 2412 to 2462 MHz (channel 11) and 5180 to 5320 MHz
- Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) maximum output power: 2.4 GHz band: 7.0 dBm. 5 GHz band: 12.1 dBm
- Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) security: Authentication: Open system, WPA2-PSK
- Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) range (line of sight): Approximately 10 m (32 ft) without interference; range may vary with signal strength and presence or absence of obstacles
- Bluetooth standards: Communication protocols: Bluetooth Specification Version 4.2; / Operating frequency: Bluetooth: 2402 to 2480 MHz; Bluetooth Low Energy: 2402 to 2480 MHz
- Supported languages: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Battery: One EN-EL15b rechargeable Li-ion battery; EN-EL15a/EN-EL15 can also be used, but note that fewer pictures can be taken on a single charge and that charging AC adapter can be used to charge EN-EL15b batteries only
- AC adapter: EH-5c/EH-5b AC adapter (requires EP-5B power connector, which is available separately)
- Tripod socket: 1/4–in. (ISO 1222)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 134 x 100.5 x 67.5 mm ( 5.3 x 4 x 2.7 in.)
- Weight: Approx. 675 g (1 lb. 7.9 oz.) with battery and memory card but without body cap; approx. 585 g/1 lb. 4.7 oz. (camera body only)
- Operating environment – temperature: 0 °C to 40 °C (+32 °F to 104 °F)
- Operating environment – humidity: 85% or less (no condensation)
- Supplied accessories: BF-N1 Body Cap, DK-29 Rubber Eyecup (comes attached to camera), EN-EL15b Rechargeable Li-ion, Battery with terminal cover, MH-25a Battery Charger (comes with either an AC wall adapter or power cable of a type and shape that varies with the country or region of sale), AN-DC19 Strap, HDMI/USB Cable Clip, UC-E24 USB Cable, BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cover.
- Total pixels: 25.28 million
Image size (pixels)
- FX (36x24) image area
- (L) 6048 x 4024 (24.3 million), (M) 4528 x 3016 (13.7 million), (S) 3024 x 2016 (6.1 million).
- DX (24x16) image area
- (L) 3936 x 2624 (10.3 million), (M) 2944 x 1968 (5.8 million), (S) 1968 x 1312 (2.6 million).
- 1: 1 (24x24) image area
- (L) 4016 x 4016 (16.1 million), (M) 3008 x 3008 (9.0 million), (S) 2000 x 2000 (4.0 million).
- 16: 9 (36x20) image area
- (L) 6048 x 3400 (20.6 million), (M) 4528 x 2544 (11.5 million), (S) 3024 x 1696 (5.1 million).
- Photographs taken during movie recording at a frame size of 3840 x 2160: 3840 x 2160
- Photographs taken during movie recording at other frame sizes: 1920 x 1080
- ¹ As of August 23rd 2018
- ² Based on CIPA standards
- The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Nikon and its Affiliates is under license.
- Wi-Fi® and the Wi-Fi Certified logo are registered trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
- All Nikon trademarks are trademarks of Nikon Corporation.
- Z 6 - VOA020AE
- Z 6 24–70 Kit - VOA020K001
- Z 6 24–70 + FTZ Kit - VOA020K003
- Z 6 FTZ Kit - VOA020K002
- Z 6 - VOA020AE
- Z 6 24–70 Kit - VOA020K001
- Z 6 24–70 + FTZ Kit - VOA020K003
- Z 6 FTZ Kit - VOA020K002
|Lens Mount:||Nikon Z|
|Memory Card Type:||XQD|
|Product Type:||Compact System Camera|
|Sensor:||Full-frame 35.9mm x 23.9mm CMOS Sensor|