This zoom, and adapter kit includes the Z 7 camera, the NIKKOR Z 24–70mm f/4 S zoom lens, and the FTZ Mount Adapter. The compact full-frame zoom lens will go anywhere. The adapter allows F-mount NIKKOR lenses to be used on your Nikon Z camera with no loss of image quality.
Compact body. Big mount. Bright lenses. Strong build.
With the world’s widest full-frame mount, the agile Z 7 mirrorless camera captures light as never before. ¹
BIG MOUNT. BIG IMPACT.
The wide 55 mm mount diameter means your Z series camera takes in more light. Just 16 mm between the mount and the camera’s full-frame image sensor means more of that light reaches the sensor.
INSPIRED BY LIGHT.
From twilight blues to graphic shadows. The powerful optical design of Nikon Z mount lenses, combined with the wide mount, gives you the power to work magic with the light.
Life in front of you
Be bold. Be subtle. With 45.7 MP of full-frame imaging power, beauty is yours to define.
Incredible detail. Phenomenal focus.
The back-illuminated 45.7 MP full-frame CMOS sensor with focal-plane phase-detection AF captures razor-sharp images.
The blazing EXPEED 6 image processor delivers images with low noise and stunning dynamic range at both high and low ISO values.
Full frame. Full vision.
- Meet the challenge of ultra-high pixel counts with phenomenal precision. Follow your intuition all the way to the edge.
- Stay sharp with ultra-wide autofocus (AF) coverage across 90 % of the frame. Combined with the incredible focusing power of Nikon Z mount lenses, even Subjects at the edge of the frame are easily detected.
- The AF system spots movement instantly. Even small or fast-moving subjects are tracked with absolute precision in any light. And you can use Pinpoint AF mode to hone in on the smallest details.
- Exposure metering down to -4 EV is available when shooting with a lens that has a maximum aperture of f/2 or faster.
- An intelligent Face-Detection-AF processor detects and holds faces, even when the subject briefly looks away.
Open to every setting
Whether it’s stills or 4K movies, image quality is exceptionally clean across the ultra-wide light-sensitivity range. You can capture rich tonal definition under the brightest sunlight. And benefit from the highest possible detail in the lowest light.
Rock-steady Vibration Reduction
- STEADY: In-camera five-axis optical Vibration Reduction (VR) compensates for camera shake in five directions. Stills stay sharp. Video is steady.
- ACTION: Sport Mode delivers a stable viewfinder image when shooting exceptionally fast action, or when panning. When shooting video, the five-axis optical VR works with electronic VR to deliver incredibly steady footage.
- FIVE-STOP ADVANTAGE: Keep pace with the action, and the light. The in-camera five-axis optical VR lets you shoot up to five stops slower than otherwise possible. ²
Mount Adapter FTZ
- With the Mount Adapter FTZ attached to your Z 7 camera, you’re free to use existing F-mount NIKKOR lenses. There’s no loss in image quality, and NIKKOR lenses without VR will find new levels of sharpness.
- The FTZ Mount Adapter lets you take full advantage of F-mount lenses when you shoot stills or video with your Nikon Z camera. There’s no loss in image quality. And NIKKOR lenses without Vibration Reduction (VR) will find new levels of sharpness.
- Type: Mirrorless
- Lens mount: Nikon Z mount
- Effective angle of view: FX (full-frame)
- Image sensor: CMOS, 35.9 mm x 23.9 mm
- Total pixels: 46.89 million
- Dust-reduction system: Image Dust Off reference data (requires Capture NX-D); image sensor cleaning.
- Effective pixels: 45.7 million
Image size (pixels)
- FX (36x24) image area, (L) 8256 x 5504 (45.4 million), (M) 6192 x 4128 ( 25.6 million), (S) 4128 x 2752 (11.4 million).
- DX (24x16) image area, (L) 5408 x 3600 (19.5 million), (M) 4048 x 2696 (10.9 million), (S) 2704 x 1800 (4.9 million).
- 5 : 4 (30x24) image area, (L) 6880 x 5504 (37.9 million), (M) 5152 x 4120 (21.2 million), (S) 3440 x 2752 (9.5 million).
- 1 :1 (24x24) image area, (L) 5504 x 5504 (30.3 million), (M) 4128 x 4128 (17.0 million), (S) 2752 x 2752 (7.6 million).
- 16 : 9 (36x20) image area, (L) 8256 x 4640 (38.3 million), (M) 6192 x 3480 (21.5 million), (S) 4128 x 2320 (9.6 million).
- Photographs taken during movie recording at a frame size of 3840 x 2160: 3840 x 2160.
- Photographs taken during movie recording at other frame sizes: 1920 x 1080.
Storage file formats
- NEF (RAW): 12 or 14 bit (lossless compressed, compressed, or uncompressed); large, medium, and small available (medium and small images are recorded at a bit depth of 12 bits using lossless compression).
- TIFF (RGB).
- JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1 : 4), normal (approx. 1 : 8), or basic (approx. 1 : 16) compression; optimal quality compression available.
- NEF (RAW)+JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats.
Picture Control System
- Auto, Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape, Flat.
- Creative Picture Controls (Dream, Morning, Pop, Sunday, Somber, Dramatic, Silence, Bleached, Melancholic, Pure, Denim, Toy, Sepia, Blue, Red, Pink, Charcoal, Graphite, Binary, Carbon); selected Picture Control can be modified; storage for custom Picture Controls.
- Card slot: 1 XQD card
- File system: DCF 2.0, Exif 2.31, PictBridge
- Viewfinder: 1.27-cm/0.5-in. approx. 3690k-dot (Quad VGA) OLED with color balance and auto and 11-level manual brightness controls
- Frame coverage: Approx. 100% horizontal and 100% vertical
- Magnification; Approx. 0.8× (50 mm lens at infinity, -1.0 m-1)
- Eyepoint: 21 mm (-1.0 m-1; from center surface of viewfinder eyepiece lens)
- Diopter adjustment: -4 to +2 m-1
- Eye sensor: Automatically switches between monitor and viewfinder displays
- Compatible lenses: Z mount NIKKOR lenses. F mount NIKKOR lenses with mount adapter; restrictions may apply.
- Shutter type: Electronically-controlled vertical-travel focal-plane mechanical shutter; electronic front-curtain shutter; electronic shutter.
- Shutter speed: 1/8000 to 30 s in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV, bulb, time, X200
- Flash sync speed: X=1/200 s; synchronizes with shutter at 1/200 s or slower; Auto FP High-Speed sync supported
- Release mode: Single frame, low-speed continuous, high-speed continuous, high-speed continuous (extended), self-timer
- Frame advance rate: Up to 9 fps. Low-speed continuous: 1 to 5 fps. High-speed continuous: 5.5 fps (14-bit NEF/RAW: 5 fps). High-speed continuous (extended): 9 fps (14-bit NEF/RAW: 8 fps). (measured under Nikon-specified test conditions)
- Self-timer: 2 s, 5 s, 10 s, 20 s; 1 to 9 exposures at intervals of 0.5, 1, 2, or 3 s
- Exposure metering: TTL exposure metering
- Metering method: Matrix metering. / Center-weighted metering: Weight of 75% given to 12 mm circle in center of frame; weighting can instead be based on average of entire frame. / Spot metering: Meters 4 mm circle (about 1.5% of frame) centered on selected focus point. / Highlight-weighted metering.
- Metering range (ISO 100, f/1.4 lens, 20 °C/68 °F): –3 to +17 EV (ISO 100, f/2.0 lens, 20 °C/68 °F)
- Exposure meter coupling: CPU
- Mode: Auto; programmed auto with flexible program (P); shutter-priority auto (S); aperture-priority auto (A); manual (M); user settings (U1, U2, U3)
- Exposure compensation: –5 to +5 EV in increments of 1/3 or 1/2 EV available in modes P, S, A, and M
- Exposure lock: Luminosity locked at detected value
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 64 to 25600 in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV. / Can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, or 1 EV (ISO 32 equivalent) below ISO 64 or to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1, or 2 EV (ISO 102400 equivalent) above ISO 25600; auto ISO sensitivity control available
- Active D-Lighting: Can be selected from Auto, Extra high, High, Normal, Low, or Off
- Multiple exposure: Add, average, lighten, darken
- Other options: HDR (high dynamic range), photo mode flicker reduction
- Autofocus: 493 points (phase-detection, in single-point AF) / 90% coverage vertically & horizontally.
- Hybrid phase-detection/contrast AF with AF assist.
- Detection range: -1 to +19 EV (-4 to +19 EV with low-light AF)
- Lens servo: Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S), Continuous-servo AF (AF-C), full-time AF (AF-F; available only in movie mode); predictive focus tracking. / Manual focus (M): Electronic rangefinder can be used
- Focus points: 493 (single-point AF)
- AF-area mode: Pinpoint, single-point, and dynamic-area AF (pinpoint and dynamic-area AF available in photo mode only); wide-area AF (S); wide-area AF (L); auto-area AF
- Focus lock: Focus can be locked by pressing shutter-release button halfway (single-servo AF) or by pressing the center of the sub-selector
- Camera VR: 5-axis image sensor shift
- Lens VR: Lens shift (available with VR lenses)
- Flash control: TTL: i-TTL flash control; i-TTL balanced fill-flash is used with matrix, center-weighted, and highlight-weighted metering, standard i-TTL fill-flash with spot metering
- Flash modes: Front-curtain sync, slow sync, rear-curtain sync, red-eye reduction, red-eye reduction with slow sync, slow rear-curtain sync, off
- Flash compensation: -3 to +1 EV in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV available in modes P, S, A, and M
- Flash-ready indicator: Lights when optional flash unit is fully charged; flashes as underexposure warning after flash is fired at full output
- Accessory shoe: ISO 518 hot-shoe with sync and data contacts and safety lock
- Nikon Creative Lighting System: i-TTL flash control, radio-controlled Advanced Wireless Lighting, optical Advanced Wireless Lighting, modeling illumination, FV lock, Color Information Communication, Auto FP High-Speed Sync, unified flash control
- White balance: Auto (3 types), natural light auto, direct sunlight, cloudy, shade, incandescent, fluorescent (7 types), flash, choose color temperature (2500 K to 10,000 K), preset manual (up to 6 values can be stored), all except choose color temperature with fine-tuning
- Bracketing types: Exposure, Flash, White balance, ADL
- Movie – metering: TTL exposure metering using main image sensor
- Movie - metering method: Matrix, center-weighted, or highlight-weighted
- Movie - frame size (pixels) and frame rate: 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD); 30p (progressive), 25p, 24p. / 1920 x 1080; 120p, 100p, 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p. / 1920×1080 (slow-mo); 30p ×4, 25p ×4, 24p ×5. / Actual frame rates for 120p, 100p, 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, and 24p are 119.88, 100, 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, and 23.976 fps respectively; quality selection available at all sizes except 3840 x 2160, 1920 x 1080 120p/100p, and 1920 x 1080 slow-mo, when quality is fixed at high.
- Movie - file format: MOV, MP4
- Movie - video compression: H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding
- Movie - audio recording format: Linear PCM, AAC
- Movie - audio recording device: Built-in stereo or external microphone with attenuator option; sensitivity adjustable
- Movie - ISO sensitivity: Auto: Auto ISO sensitivity control (ISO 64 to 25600). / P, S, A: Auto ISO sensitivity control (ISO 64 to Hi 2) with selectable upper limit. / M: Auto ISO sensitivity control (ISO 64 to Hi 2) available with selectable upper limit; manual selection (ISO 64 to 25600 in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV) with additional options available equivalent to approximately 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1, or 2 EV (ISO 102400 equivalent) above ISO 25600.
- Movie - Active D-Lighting: Can be selected from Same as photo settings, Extra high, High, Normal, Low, or Off
- Movie - Other options: Time-lapse movies, electronic vibration reduction, time codes, movie log output (N-Log)
- Monitor: 8 -cm ( 3.2 –in.) diagonal. Tilting TFT touch-sensitive LCD with 170° viewing angle, approximately 100% frame coverage, and color balance and 11-level manual brightness controls. Approx. 2100 k-dot.
- Playback: Full-frame and thumbnail (4, 9, or 72 images) playback with playback zoom, playback zoom cropping, movie playback, photo and/or movie slide shows, histogram display, highlights, photo information, location data display, picture rating, and auto image rotation.
- USB: Type C connector (SuperSpeed USB). Connection to built-in USB port is recommended.
- HDMI output: Type C HDMI connector
- Audio input: Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5 mm diameter; plug-in power supported)
- Audio output: Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5 mm diameter)
- Accessory terminal(s): Can be used with MC-DC2 and other optional accessories
- Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) standards: IEEE 802.11b/g/n/a/ac
- Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) operating frequency: 2412 to 2462 MHz (channel 11) and 5180 to 5320 MHz
- Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) maximum output power: 2.4 GHz band: 7.0 dBm. 5 GHz band: 12.1 dBm
- Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) security: Authentication: Open system, WPA2-PSK
- Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN) range (line of sight): Approximately 10 m (32 ft) without interference; range may vary with signal strength and presence or absence of obstacles
- Bluetooth standards: Communication protocols: Bluetooth Specification Version 4.2; Operating frequency: Bluetooth: 2402 to 2480 MHz; Bluetooth Low Energy: 2402 to 2480 MHz
- Supported languages: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Battery: One EN-EL15b rechargeable Li-ion battery; EN-EL15a/EN-EL15 can also be used, but note that fewer pictures can be taken on a single charge and that charging AC adapter can be used to charge EN-EL15b batteries only
- AC adapter: EH-5c/EH-5b AC adapter (requires EP-5B power connector, which is available separately)
- Tripod socket: 1/4–in. (ISO 1222)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 134 x 100.5 x 67.5 mm (5.3 x 4 x 2.7 in.)
- Weight: Approx. 675 g (1 lb. 7.9 oz.) with battery and memory card but without body cap; approx. 585 g/1 lb. 4.7 oz. (camera body only)
- Operating environment – temperature: 0 °C to 40 °C (+32 °F to 104 °F)
- Operating environment – humidity: 85% or less (no condensation)
- Supplied accessories: BF-N1 Body Cap, DK-29 Rubber Eyecup (comes attached to camera), EN-EL15b Rechargeable Li-ion, Battery with terminal cover, MH-25a Battery Charger (comes with either an AC wall adapter or power cable of a type and shape that varies with the country or region of sale), AN-DC19 Strap, EH-7P Charging AC Adapter (supplied with a plug adapter attached in countries or regions where required; shape depends on country of sale), HDMI/USB Cable Clip, UC-E24 USB Cable, BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cover.
- ¹ As of August 23rd 2018
|Lens(es) included:||NIKKOR Z S 24mm-70mm VR f/4 Lens|
|Lens Mount:||Nikon Z|
|Memory Card Type:||XQD|
|Product Type:||Compact System Camera|
|Sensor:||Full-frame 35.9mm x 23.9mm CMOS Sensor|